|Yes. Like this.|
Miles Planned: ?? I'm not really on a plan right now, but my general goal for the month was "somewhere north of 100 miles."
Miles Completed: 147. So, yay!
Long Runs Completed: 4
Longest Long Run: 16 miles, which was maybe not my best run ever, but I still got 'er done.
Races: 0. This was a good thing because I needed the time to do same base-building, but I felt like such a racing slug! I wanted to be standing at a starting line!
Unintentional Run Streaks: 2
Rest Days: 3, which was definitely not enough! This month brought some scheduling issues with the addition of a new running client. Not a complaint! But something I need to work on, since I ended up running 12 days and 13 days in a row during January. I suspect it would behoove me to do some actual planning so that I can do more mileage on client running days and take more days off.
Cross-Training/Strength Training Days: 13
Overall: January was a really good building month, peppered with some challenges that I plan to tackle in February. I'm happy that my numbers are coming back up, but I'm also feeling a little tired, which means that I need to proceed with caution. Not exactly easy for me!
On tap for February:
- Run a kickass half marathon. Okay, "kickass" is a total overstatement for my current fitness, but I'd like to run a nice steady race.
- Decide whether it's prudent to keep building for a 50K in March, or if I should do a little schedule shuffle and run an ultra later in the year.
- Get control of my current breathing issues. I know it's a replay of last year's allergies/asthma, so I'd like to stay on top of it, rather than get stuck behind it and lose more training time.
- The start of my kids' Track season! So excited to see what they're going to bust out this year.
- Aim for mileage in the triple digits.
- Have fun, stay fit, and love life. Which is pretty much my goal every single day.