I have seriously spent the entire month of December on a ridiculous high from the CIM, even though it was objectively not that great of a race. And you know what, that's a really nice analogy for the way I see the whole year of 2014 - it wasn't exactly my best year of running, but I feel like such a rock star for having survived it that I don't even care! I'm awesome!
|I know, right?|
So, here's how everything shook down in 2014, by the numbers:
- TOTAL MILES RUN - 1805.4 BOOM! Eighteen freakin' HUNDRED miles! I've actually never really kept very good track of my mileage before, but I know that 2014 spanked any other year by a lot. I estimated last year at around 1300. The first half of this year, I was totally on track to hit 2000 miles for the year, but I am thrilled to hit this "B" goal, what with the whole "sidelined from anemia" thing.
- INJURIES THAT INVOLVED BONES, TENDONS, OR MUSCLES - 0. Yeah, baby, we're calling this year injury-free!
- NUMBER OF YEARS INJURY-FREE - 2. Again, I'm using the "bones, tendons, and muscles" parameter, because of course...
- INJURIES THAT INVOLVED LACK OF RED BLOOD CELLS AND/OR IRON - 1. Sad face.
- RACES RUN - 10 total. 2 5Ks, 1 10K, 3 Half Marathons, 1 Marathon, 3 Ultras (2 50Ks, 1 50-Miler)
- AG AWARDS - 3 with an asterisk. I nabbed 2nd place AG at both of my 5Ks, and was allegedly 3rd place at my 10K, but the internet kicked me all the way down to 6th place officially. No matter, I still ate the pie.
- PRs - 1. At the 50 Mile distance, if you can believe that.
- PERSONAL WORSTS - 4, technically 5. Can I get a hell yeah?!? And I'm not even being sarcastic. I am celebrating every single mile I ran this year, even the ones that were slow. I started the year with a PW performance at the 50K distance, then cruised into a super slow half marathon in March, followed by a much worse 50K time in May. I picked up a PW at the 5K distance in August, then ran my heart out to a 2-second PW at a 10K in November. And that's how we do things around here!
I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to 2015!!! But that's a post for another day.