One of these days (but apparently not this week), I will write a blog post that includes an actual narrative. Until then, however, I am all about the bullet points. Ha, ha! Here’s my Friday Five:
- Today was pretty much the best mail day EVER! First up, I ordered a pair of these bad boys from runningwarehouse.com yesterday afternoon and they showed up on my doorstop this. morning. Dang, I love Running Warehouse! And I suspect I’m going to love these Merrell Pace Gloves, too. I haven’t taken them off my feet yet. Initial review coming later next week after I’ve had a chance to test them out.Merrell calls this color “acacia,” but I would go with straight up yellow.
- You might be wondering - why did I get the Merrells when I already love my Vibrams so much? Let’s call it peer pressure. I hear an unbelievable amount of
crapnonsense from people at work about my Vibrams and I’ve grown tired of trying to explain why I wear them. Notice the word “trying” in that sentence. People simply don’t understand why I would want to wear a shoe that mimics being barefoot. On the other hand, though, I’ve noticed that when I wear regular shoes to work, my feet and legs hurt by the time I get home! I’m hoping the Pace Gloves will be the best of both worlds – barefoot shoes that look “normal.”Bonus - they match my new favorite skirt that I got at Sports Authority for 14 bucks! Why wouldn’t I wear running shoes with a skirt??
- Looky what else came in the mail today: Study stuff! I know for a fact I was never this excited about a text book when I was in high school or college.
- IronHubs and I went for a lovely ride on the American River Bike Trail this morning. It was perfect weather and mighty nice company. Oh, wait, the turkeys weren’t good company, I was talking about IronHubs! Why yes, we were extra visible in our neon yellow!
- And now here’s a funny photo of my cat sleeping in Big Boy’s bed (complete with vintage Star Wars sheets that belonged to IronHubs circa 1978): Did you seriously wake me up to take a picture for your blog? WTF?
Happy Friday, everyone!! What five random things are on your mind today??