Another Monday…how’d that happen? I had one of those weekends that doesn’t feel very weekend-y (I worked), so today’s post is brought to you by my dear friend, the bullet point:
- I ran EIGHT MILES yesterday!!! You might not think that is worthy of three exclamation points, but I totally do. Eight continuous miles is my longest run so far this year. Yes, the calendar year 2011. Eight miles. It’s been a long, slow recovery year, for sure!
- I met my goal pace, but it was a close one. Yesterday’s route was a hilly one and I found myself averaging well over Marathon Pace nearing mile 6, so I picked it up. A lot. Good to know I have two really strong miles in me at the end of a hilly run!
- Yesterday’s run finished up my second highest mileage week of the year (with the week of my half-iron being the highest mileage so far) at a little over 19 miles. Sa-weet!
- Saturday was Big Boy’s first cross country meet of the season and he did exceptionally well, busting out a 6:22 pace! I’m so glad he got IronHubs’ genes, because speed like that sure isn’t coming from me!
- I bit the bullet this weekend and decided to get certified as a Personal Trainer! I looked into it over a year ago, then landed my current job. I’m a fitness trainer, which basically means I do the same thing, but I’m not certified. Therefore, I only make about half of what a certified trainer makes. Why was this a tough decision?? It shouldn’t have been, and I kick myself all the time that I didn’t follow through last year. C’est la vie. Study materials arrive this week and I’ll be taking my test sometime in the next six months – wish me luck!
- Today is the last day to enter my HALO bar giveaway, so go and get your entries in now!!