This week’s edition: Five Things Seen on my Brick This Morning.
1. Three dead animals, one of which was a snake who was – there’s no nice way to say this – splattered all over the place. Who knew snakes had so many guts? Yuck. (Sorry for starting off with this one, ajh. There are no more snakes in this post, I promise!)
2. A real wild turkey (not the kind that you can get on an airplane in a teeny, tiny bottle) and her brood of baby turkeylets. She gobbled at me as I rode by and I gobbled back. I always wonder what animals think when us crazy humans do stuff like that. She was probably going, “That’s not how it’s pronounced, turkey!!”
3. IronHubs!! He was out for a run while I was riding. You know how you see other runners and think stuff to yourself like, “Why is he wearing sweatpants when it’s 70 degrees out?” or “Stop looking at your feet!”? Well, when I saw IronHubs running towards me – I wasn’t expecting to see him – the first thought that popped into my head was, “Oooooh, he’s good-looking.” Ha, ha, ha, ha!! Then I realized that I was married to him and chuckled about that for the next few miles.
4. A guy who was walking, listening to his iPod and reading a book! Now that is some serious multi-tasking.
5. A courteous driver who stopped well in advance of me reaching the driveway where he was planning to turn. Wow. I see that so rarely it took me a little by surprise, then I smiled and waved and probably made such a big deal about it that he might have thought I was crazy. Oh, well.