I enjoyed February’s monthly recap so much, I’ve decided to make it a regular feature. Until I get tired of it or forget to do it, that is.
March was a pretty terrific month, all things considered. I put a new Half-Iron training schedule on the fridge and stuck to it about 99% of the time, which is pretty amazing for me lately. I missed one bike workout because the trainer broke about ten minutes into it – booooooo! – and one swim workout because I woke up and simply could NOT make myself get into the pool that day. I had snuck in a short unscheduled drill swim the previous week, though, so I didn’t feel much guilt about skipping it.
I love me some numbers, especially displayed in tabular form, so let’s get right to it, shall we?
|Swim||6,900 meters (for the sake of argument, I’m just going with meters from now on. I looked it up, they’re longer.)||15,850 meters||20,300 meters|
|Bike||61.71 miles||27.6 miles (ouch!)||107.91 miles (not great, but at least it’s triple digits!)|
|Run||22.45 miles||15.21 miles||30.7 miles (oh, how I wish this was a typo and maybe missing the number “1” in front of it, but I am happy with the increase in mileage.)|
|Strength Training||2 hours, 45 minutes||4 hours, 50 minutes||2 hours, 45 minutes|
And now for some crunching/analysis (omg, with bullets! This post is making me happier and happier!)…
- Apparently when I get back to biking and running, my strength training suffers. Honestly, I can live with that, since I’d totally rather be on the roads.
- 28.52 of the 30.7 miles I ran this month were in my VFFs. The last time I ran with shoes (March 5th) was maybe the last time I’ll ever run in shoes because the VFFs are my new BFFs.
- 20,300 meters = 12.61 MILES. I swam almost 13 fricken miles This. Month.
- The time I’ve spent swimming so far this year equals the time I’ve spent running and strength training combined.
- In February, I swam four and sometimes five days a week. In March, I dropped it down to three days a week and still managed to swim more distance.
- I’ve increased the volume on biking (March’s total is more than January and February combined!), but my speed and endurance are nowhere near where I’d like them to be. April’s focus is cadence and hill work.
- I’m really pleased that my training is finally moving in the right direction – bigger, better, faster, more. I’ve missed that all day *unh!* feeling in my quads that reminds me of that morning’s awesome workout and I’m super happy to have it back.
I hope you all had a wonderful month o’ March. Cheers to an even better April!