You know, if I got this tag in an email (how old school is that???), I would roll my eyes and <delete>. But I seriously enjoy these posts in bloggy world! I was tagged by the completely awesome Track Coach and Adorable Wife – thanks Tressa!!
1.If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be? I’m afraid I am terribly unoriginal with this answer, but I gotta go with PIZZA. As far as I am concerned, there is no better food in the world and I could literally eat pizza every day. I’m a Chicago-style girl, gimme that great big, deep-dish crust and I am in heaven!
2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? This question sort of stumped me. There are plenty of people that I would love to get to know or be friends with, but just meeting somebody one time? That’s always sort of awkward. I would have really liked to meet The Hubs’ grandparents, though. They both passed before I met The Hubs and he has such wonderful memories of them.
3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started? I started blogging because I felt like all I ever talked about on FB was running/triathlon training and I knew my friends were getting tired of hearing about it (but I still had so much more to say)! I didn’t tell anybody about my blog for a long time – in fact, I actively hid it from The Hubs for about three weeks before I couldn’t take it anymore. I thought he would laugh, but he thinks it’s pretty cool. When I started writing, I only read two or three other blogs, so I didn’t have any idea how much I would love bloggy world and all the great people I’ve “met.” I had zero expectations about followers or giveaways or virtual races, because I didn’t even know what those things were! I just wanted a place where I could talk about my thoughts on running with an audience who would understand. I’m so glad I did!!!
4. What is the one book you could read over and over again? Go ahead and laugh, but I am a total Harry Potter nerd. I love those books SO much and have read the whole series about a dozen times.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? I’m not a big traveller - flying makes me nervous. But if I could teleport places, I would love to see the whole world. I really enjoy being someplace, but I hate getting there. Do I have to pick one place? Then that would be a tropical beach somewhere. It doesn’t matter where, just give me the sand, the surf and the sunshine and I’m good.
6. If you could have a TV show on the Food Network, what would it be? Ha, ha, ha, ha!!! They would never put me on TV because I’m an awful and completely uninspired cook. My show would be called “Microwaving with P!”
7. What was the best meal you ever had? The birthday dinners my Grandma made me when I was a kid: roast beef pinwheels with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and a German chocolate cake for dessert. Nom nom nom!
8. Who has been the greatest influence on your love for food and learning to cook? My Grandma. It’s cheesy, but she cooked everything with love. I think of her often when I’m baking, and remember her patiently teaching me. I miss her!
Okey-doke, it’s tagging time! I will pick a few names, but even if I didn’t pick you, please feel free to play along – I love reading these posts!
ajh @ AGE GROUPS ROCK!
Patrick @ The Road [A Multi-Sport Blog]
Ann @ SOLE SISTERS
Michelle @ The Running Diva
Johann @ Run Tall, Walk Tall
Happy Tuesday, Friends!