Yep, it’s that sort of day, so here’s some bullet points for ya:
- I’m sluggish and a little crabby today, which I’m going to blame on the heat. I know you’ve heard this from all us Californians the past couple of days, but it is HOT and I am over it.
- I cranked out a terrific longer-than-I-thought-I-might run this weekend. I set out on one of my favorite out-and-back routes with the thought that I would do it once if I felt lousy, twice if I felt good and three times if the stars aligned just right. My IT felt great, so I went for the third repeat – yay!
- On the other hand, my two mile recovery run this morning felt like complete crap. There were lots of factors at work there, though, including the fact that I got up at 3 am to run and it was already in the mid-60s. I know that’s a pretty cool temperature, but since it was the middle of the night, I was really hoping for low 50s. Oh, well, got ‘er done anyway.
- I bought a “Yoga for Athletes” DVD at my local sporting goods store over the weekend with the thought that some stretching would be relaxing and good for me. Holy crap, it was HARD! My Tree Pose looks more like a Shrubbery (“Bring us…a SHRUBBERY!”)
- I know my whole day would improve if I would just clean my house; vacuuming always makes me feel better.
- Even though it wasn’t a race, but rather an Event, I’m SO proud of The Hubs for being the first finisher at his century ride this weekend!!
That’s all I’ve got. Happy Tuesday!