Ahhh, Happy Labor Day Weekend! In the spirit of celebrating the working folks with a day of laziness, here is my bullet-point post for the day:
- Thank goodness Recovery Week is over! As mentioned previously, I am not a huge fan of Recover Week. I find it sort of boring and sometimes even harder than regular training weeks.
- This week was also like an All-You-Can-Eat buffet at my house. I literally couldn’t stop stuffing my pie hole. Related to Recovery Week? More than likely.
- My “Easy Six Miles” on Thursday turned into a complete FAIL. It turns out that if you don’t keep up heat training, you lose the ability to run in the heat. Go figure. I (barely) made it five miles before I ran out of hydration, and ended up walking the last half mile home. Ouch.
- The “Easy Eight Miles” I ran this morning was much more pleasant. It was about 55 degrees (LOVE it!) and I breezed through it at an 8:14 pace without even breathing hard. Have I ever mentioned how much I love cooler weather?
- I went for a swim yesterday and discovered that, like heat training, you can lose swim training like that! I struggled through 800 meters and called it quits. I’m not really ready to give up swimming for the winter, so I need to get back to it regularly. Good thing it’s on the training plan.
- Next weekend is going to be a big deal around here: The Hubs is doing his first Half-Iron distance tri and Big Boy has his first Cross Country meet! Yes, at the same time on the same day. Talk about your Cindy Brady situations!
I hope you’re all enjoying your long and (not so) lazy weekend!