I’m very pleased to be the recipient of the two latest Bloggy Awards that are out there floating around, the Cherry on Top Award and the Happy 101 Award.
Many, many thanks to the lovely bloggers who awarded me:
Ginny @ Java Joggers, who takes lots of gorgeous pictures and has terrific giveaways (which I would like to win one of these days…hint, hint!)
Michelle @ Fitness Diva, who didn’t actually name me personally, but I’ll pretend like she did. ;-P
Char @ My Life’s a Marathon, who is putting in some amazing kilometers Down Under right now – go, Char!
Marcia @ Running Off at the Mouth, who cracks me up and is a huge inspiration to me.
LMC @ Running Over 40-Something, who always has something positive to say. I love that!
Alma @ The Average Woman’s Running Blog, who really raises the bar on that word “average!”
You’ve all read the rules on these awards by now – what would you change, what makes you happy, etc. I definitely fall into the “I wouldn’t change a thing” camp, not because I’ve led a charmed life (HA! As if.), but because I’m really happy where I am now. Oh, sure, I’d love to undo about 15 years of really stupid decisions that were the result of low self-esteem, but how else would I have learned some of life’s painful – but necessary – lessons?
So, rather than dwell on what can’t be changed, let me tell you about a few things that I wouldn’t change for the world, because they make me happy:
- My Kids. Sure, that’s an obvious answer, but they’re pretty fantastic. :-)
- The Hubs. Ditto. I’m a lucky, lucky girl.
- My dog and cat. Really, you can’t be unhappy when there’s something warm and furry in your house that just wants to be loved.
- Coffee. Need I say more?
- Halloween. We go nuts for Halloween around here. This is a picture from last year and yes, that’s my real wedding dress.
- Running, riding my bike, and even swimming…slowly. Even the bad days of training make me happy because I’m still out there doing it.
- Changing seasons. It doesn’t matter which ones, honestly, I just enjoy the sense of anticipation in the air when something new is coming. Yay for football season, I’m so excited about Christmas, thank goodness it’s getting warmer, and bust out the swimsuits and margaritas – I love it!
- Going out to lunch (or maybe a night out) with my girlfriends. There’s always plenty of laughter!
- Kayaking. This one is brand new to me. We’ve had an inflatable raft for the last two summers that has been tons of fun, so we bought a kayak a few weeks ago. For somebody who doesn’t truly love to be in the water, I get an enormous kick out of being on the water!
- BLOGGING! When I started mine, I thought it might be sort of a fun little vanity project, but “meeting” all of you has been better than I could have imagined. You make me laugh, you inspire me, you challenge me and you encourage me to dream big – thanks for that!
So, let’s pass it on:
What makes you happy??