Seriously, if you thought I was going into tomorrow’s race goal-free, you’re reading the wrong blog!
1. Don’t drown. This is always my goal, even at running races. I really, really don’t want to drown.
2. Don’t puke. Sometimes this one is tricky to manage, but I’ll go out on a limb and hope for it anyway.
3. Get a good photo on my bike. Even a bad photo on my bike would be okay, since The Hubs didn’t get one at all from last month’s race. Poor thing, this goal puts a little pressure on him and all I have to do is be on the bike.
4. Finish the race on my feet. Again, this seems pretty reasonable, even with the lack of training these past two weeks (which I’ve begun referring to as an “extended taper”).
5. Go kayak-free. Okay, you caught me. This is a real goal, quite possibly an unachievable one, but I’m setting it anyway. SOMEDAY, I will meet this goal. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next race, maybe next decade…but it will be done.
Happy Racing to anyone who’s toeing the line or spectating this weekend!!
What are your Five Goals this Friday??