- My next sprint-distance TRI, which is only a month away
- Big Boy and Little Boy are also racing a TRI, the day after mine
- The Hubs is racing his first Half Iron-distance in September
Today's training included - ironically - the fastest 1000 meter swim I've had this summer. *sigh* Of course, that doesn't mean that my swim was actually fast, just fast for me. 1000 meters in 26:31.
I'm very excited to get back to marathon training, I've really missed the speedwork and core work. I've still been doing core work during TRI training, but it's been haphazard at best - this plan has core work written down, so I know it'll get done.
Please note the Boston magnet holding this schedule to the fridge, a souvenir from our trip this April when The Hubs ran Boston. I'm hoping it'll spread a little BQ magic on my training.
Other random Monday thoughts:
- I swapped out my pedals last night and I'm officially using clip-on bike shoes. It's not as scary as I was expecting. *whew*
- I'm on the hunt for perfect socks. I've realized lately that I don't like cushioned socks anymore, so I bought a pair of Feetures! Light that I'm going to try out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
- Since I was at Fleet Feet, I bought a TRI sticker for my car, to go right next to the 26.2 one. It had to be done.
- The race pics are up on the photographer's website and the picture of me coming out of the water has my BFF Richard the Kayak Guy in the background! I'm going to purchase it just for that reason.
Happy Monday and Happy Training to you!